Monday 18 May 2015

'Choice' Production aims - A2 Film Studies


Production Aims

 

The aims of my production

For my filmed sequence, I am aiming to recreate the gritty realism of the life of lower class male teenagers shown in ‘Kidulthood’ and ‘Harry Brown’. As well as recreate, I also wanted to put my own personal ideas of how I feel that low class male teens should be represented. Here are some key aims I will be aiming to achieve…

 

·         To Recreate the gritty realism of the life of lower class teen males shown in other contemporary British films

 

·         To add personal touch/ideas to how I interpret the representation of lower class teen males

 

·         To successfully edit and correct my film in order to use my shots to there full potential, giving overall success to my film

 

Ideas I have taken from films I have studied

To make my filmed sequence as clear as possible, I will be attempting to use ideas from ‘Kidulthood’ such as the use of low-class locations, also I want to use the idea of peer pressure as I feel this is a key influence for young males in a society where having power is very important. The characters in the films I watched has inspired me for my own character ideas, as I felt the films provided a solid character type/s for this genre. In terms of narrative, I am particularly interested in the style of ‘Kidulthood’, and the way the lives of young teens are shown. I also wanted to recreate the serious tone of the two films I researched as I feel that this suits the narrative style of them and my own film.

 

Style of my production

In terms of recreating another director’s style, I don’t intend to do that however I do have an idea in terms of how I want the film to be shot, for example I know that I want to make it a very harsh and emotional piece that will reach out to audience hearts. I wanted to ensure that I make my piece dramatic and full of tense build ups, making anticipation high for viewing audiences. I would argue my style will more be aimed towards the director of ‘Kidulthood’ Menhaj Huda as I have planned to follow a similar narrative structure and a similar character type.

 

How I’m going to communicate my ideas

In order to communicate my ideas clearly, I will be using various micro-elements to help to achieve this. For my mise-en scene, my film will be located in a lower class urbanized area where alleyways and flats are visible, making it clear what type of area I am trying to portray to the audience. With my character costumes I wanted to recreate the style of clothing seen in the two respective films I watched. For the cinematography of my film, I want to make sure I use a range of shots that reflect the emotional battles that I want to show in my film. I will be attempting to use a dark lighting in order to portray the serious tone and the ‘dark’ feel I want to achieve. I don’t feel that I will need to use any special effects for my production, as they wont be necessary for the completion of my production. The editing of my production will be done over a two week period which will give me time to evaluate and ensure that my production has a good level of continuity, ensuring I don’t break the 180 degree rules and use my shots in a way to successfully give my film a good flow. The sound in my film will be majority non-diegetic using music in order to set the tone of each scene.

No comments:

Post a Comment